The Center for Learning Innovation and Adult Learning takes part as the Hungarian partner in the newly launched AVAL project, funded within the Erasmus + programme, coordinated by the Madrid based World Association of Early Childhood Educators (AMEI-WAECE). The project will run for 24 months.
The project will address the field of ethics and values education and focus on empowering Early Childhood Care and Education (ECEC) and primary school Professionals (from now on “early childhood and primary school educators”) and thus children to learn about values from a critical thinking approach based on 3 pillars:
- ethic values (personal values – one “self”);
- democratic and societal values (as we live in a society –One “self and the others”)
- and environmental values (as we live on the planet earth).
Thus, our project will:
- Implement a Transnational curriculum for the partners’ countries, complemented with a preparatory review of the current provision for 0-6 teachers regarding learning about ethics, values education end critical thinking;
- Develop open educational resources and peer-to-peer learning methods with an aim to enhance the professional development of those working or active in the school education sector by increasing the quality and range of initial and continuing training.
- Design innovative practices in 0-6 and 6-11 school education in the field of ethics and values education, developing and promoting innovative learning approaches;
- Create a resource center on ethics, values and critical thinking education aimed at increasing the awareness on the importance of moral obligations and social values so as to strengthen its educational structures in a system of values supported by all relevant stakeholders.